Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SL 2: Our Freetown Hotel... The Family Kingdom

So after our beach experience, we headed back to the hotel room and prepared for bed... you’ve go to see the photo.  First off, the cleanest thing in the place was the toilet for which I was extremely grateful.  The shower was stained pink (thank God for shower shoes) and the sheets were questionable at best... again (like the bag of frozen rice) my ingenuity kicked in.  I covered my pillow in my sweatshirt, laid down the travel sheet we brought (a paper thin little sleeping bag than goes around you between the sheets) and popped up our mosquito net tent.  What was great about the tent, aside from the fact that it keeps the creepy crawlers away, is that it traps the smell of the room OUTSIDE the cocoon.  After a while all you can smell is yourself (and since we had the shower shoes;) we smelled 10 times better than the room.


Not bad, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Welcome to SL. Isn,t life interesting, things people take for granted in one part of the world, is gold in some other part of the world. I will get my friend from SL to read your blog maybe he will make some comments too.