Saturday, October 11, 2008

Evacuees

Uh... so we woke up to the LOUDEST alarm ever this morning.  Apparently our hotel is on fire and we've spent the last few hours at the Le Meridian down the street.

Con: Horrible way to wake up, need a shower, are wasting a beautiful day in London
Pro: Free internet and mimosas

Funny: Sam keeps telling the staff here that "we are the evacuees" in hopes that they'll keep comping us.  When they look at him like he's crazy I simply explain that we're from the Park Lane.  I never thought I'd have to translate for Sam :)  (He speaks like 5 languages for those who don't know) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I can almost picture you sitting there, sipping mimosas in your pjs!

mikeldelrosario said...

Wow. I can only imagine what that must have been like. I once camped out in a hotel lobby with a bunch of "refugees" who couldn't check out because there was a huge typhoon that was tearing up the hotel. Ah, the adventures of international travel...